With this post, the Greek parenthesis dedicated to Kastelorizo (anyway, it has also been a good opportunity for talking about our Garda too).
A proposal naturally comes to me now:
A municipality of the Lake of Garda could twin with Kastelorizo, why not?
Considering my previous posts, it could be a good opportunity – f.i., for schools – to deepen different topics, and for cultural exchanges, such as,
– History: the Italian occupation of the Dodecanese in the first half of 20th century;
– Environment: the management of the water resources, the fishing;
– Territory: the management of the territory, the preservation of identity;
– Tourism: bearableness of tourism;
– Cooking: typical specialties;
… and, why not?, it would be a wonderful mutual opportunity for visiting two extraordinary places, Kastelorizo and the Lake of Garda.
I dare say it would be an opportunity not to be lost, since Kastelorizo too is in Europe, hence there is the possibility to comply with the European funds for twinning, so that the costs could be easily covered.
Should a municipality of the Lake of Garda adhere to this proposal, be known that they can proceed under condition it is called “Twinning Maurizio Molinari“, and so it should be introduced by media, and, of course, I want to be invited!
I depend upon it!